Saturday 24 September 2016

A Walk of Life- Part 1

A Dinner Date



“Can we go out for dinner?” I messaged her.

A positive reply, my lips smiled and I searched for the best dresses in the wardrobe. I took out few shirts and tried it multiple times in front of the mirror.
“This one looks good. No! This one is better,” I murmured in dilemma.

I was ecstatic to meet her as I used to admire her from the first day of the college. I remember it.

I entered the class and occupied the seat. The first lecture was about to start, she came swiftly and sat in the row next to mine gasping for air, I couldn’t stop gazing at her. She was so beautiful, lovable face, long hair, black eyes like shiny pebbles and long ear rings with blue sapphire instilled in it oscillating around her ears. She was having a conversation with a girl sitting beside her; she laughed which could conquer all the boys in the world. My eyes were not ready to deviate from her.  She was wearing a pathani suit, to which my mind said,
  “She must be Punjabi”

Soon the lecturer entered which forced me to deviate away from her.

Back To Dilemma.......



“What I should wear?” I asked this question to myself again.

I chose my best shirt and wore it with dark blue jeans, again in front of mirror, again not contented. But somehow I appreciated myself and started combing my hair. I took out a fairness cream but I pondered,
“Will this fairness cream have some effect?”

Ignoring it, I applied it on my face and contented myself.  I waited for her message sitting on the couch watching TV, swapping channels, looking at the watch, feeling a virtual vibration on my mobile as my mind was thinking about her only.
“Hey come to pick me up from my hostel,” The message read.

I booked a cab and asked him to drop me at the girl’s hostel. Light rain filled the air with romance. I sat in the cab and saw rain drops trickling down the window pane. I couldn't stop making a heart with the drops.
“Sometimes, being a child is also nice,” I thought and smiled at the same time.

The cab was moving through the busy roads, a stream of heavy traffic could be seen due to rain. The driver took another path; it was forest on one side of the road, a dark patch of road with no lights. Soon, I confronted a high beam of light in the front which could damage any one’s eyes. It was a high speed truck coming towards us with no control. The driver turned the car steering in haste and the car slammed in the tree with a bang.  I couldn’t realize,
“What happened in just a moment?”

The collision threw me out of the car and I was lying on the road with my eyes open, I endeavored to get up but was not able to. The memories were coming in front of my eyes like muggers in the darkness.

“Will I be able to meet her? “ The question popped in my head.

For Part 2: http://rahulchhabra.blogspot.in/2016/09/a-walk-of-life-part-2_24.html

No comments:

Post a Comment