Saturday 24 September 2016

A Walk of Life- Part 2

On the Roadside.



My arms and legs were pounding, still on the road. My endeavor ended up in vain every time. Somehow, I crawled to the road side and my eyes hunted for help; help that was not visible on that deserted road. There was no sign of any living things except trees, me and an unconscious cab driver, his head resting on the steering and blood drops trickling down from there.

Like plants need water for survival, I needed help at that time. I felt despondent as no one was there.
“What I have done wrong?”
I complained, my head looking up in the dark sky full of billions of shining stars and almost a half moon which looked like a piece of water melon.

The shining starts evoked one of my child-hood memories when I and my sister used to lie down on the naked floor of veranda of our home and count the stars to which counting always ended up in a circular loop. We quarreled at the shape formation that the group of stars make.
“Look it looks like a tiger,” My sister said.
“No! It is a bear,” I revolted back.
 After that, we both used to laugh at sheer idiocy of ours’.


Back To Roadside……



I smiled with tears in my eyes that were still searching for help. I could notice my phone in broken pieces on the road.
“How will I tell anyone?” I screamed.

There was a beam of light coming from the far end of the road which looked like a ray of hope to me. Single beam assured me that it was a two-wheeler. The man on it appeared like Ganesh Ji on his mouse, a male deity whose body structure is like a human being having face of an elephant. We Indians lend prayers to him before any work we do. As per mythological fact, he used to commute on mouse.
With all my power, I raised my aching arm and waved in front of the beam. I screamed,
“Help”

The bike took a halt and the man pulled off his black helmet, I could see a big mustache and a fine body.
“Please call the ambulance,” I requested with frustration in my eyes.

He called the ambulance swiftly which arrived in a short while. They pulled me up on the stretcher and the cab driver was also pulled out of the car who was still unconscious and lost lots of blood.

I screamed in the sheer agony in front of the doctor inside the ambulance. He assured me and told me to give someone’s contact number. I gave him the number and asked them to call Vaibhav and I got unconscious.

***** TO BE CONTINUED*****



2 comments: